Hey loves, Happy Wednesday!
In my last blog, I gave you some tips on the best questions to have ask when hiring your caterer. Today, I 'm going to give you some tips on what to know before you hire a cake designer!
Whether you want an elaborately decorated wedding cake or a simple design, it's still important to be clear on what you do and don't like. Here's a few things you should be sure of before meeting with a cake designer:
- Collect images of cakes you like from bridal magazines
- An idea of what you and your fiance would like the cake to look and taste like
- Cake flavors, fillings and frostings you like and don't like
- What you would like to use for a cake topper
- The approximate number of guests and the size of the reception room. Depending on the size of the room and number of guests, the cake designer can make a presentation cake and serve pieces from large sheet cakes kept in the kitchen.
- The style of your wedding, colors, flowers, style of your dress and decor ideas
- Whether or not you'd like a groom's cake. A groom's cake is generally a cake designed in the theme of a hobby or interest of the groom and preferably in his favorite flavor!
- Whether or not you plan to serve any additional desserts
- Whether the reception is indoors or outdoors. This will determine where the cake needs to be housed until it's time to cut it!
Make sure to like, comment or share this post with a friend!
Next post, I'll be sharing some great tips for hiring your florist!
Until Next Time, XOXO